How is Kombucha brewed?
A blend of organic black tea and organic cane sugar are fermented together for about two weeks to create a naturally carbonated probiotic “cocktail.” We source only the finest ingredients such as organic cane sugar as well as organic tea blends.
Why is my bottle of Kombucha different from my last?
Since kombucha is a naturally cultured product, every batch may be slightly different in terms of carbonation, flavor, and sweetness to name a few. Unlike other beverages, it is not a simple recipe. It is a craft because the final flavor of kombucha will rely heavily on the clean, organic ingredients we use as well as the unique blend of bacterial and yeast cultures.
How long is it good for?
We recommend that you drink it within the month. But who are you fooling… Is it really going to last that long?
What’s floating in my Kombucha?
The fermenting process requires a SCOBY, which is a Symbiotic Colony Of Bacteria and Yeast. Yeast particles, or floaties as we call them can be found at the bottom of or floating in the bottle. Although they are healthy to drink, some people prefer to strain them when they pour their Kombucha.
What are the health benefits of Kombucha?
While we do not make any health claims for Kombucha, it has been found that Kombucha contains probiotics, antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, and vitamins. The live and active cultures in Kombucha are said to be beneficial to health, particularly the digestive system. Other reported benefits include improved blood sugar, increased energy levels, improved joint health, detoxification, and a strengthened immune system. Please note that these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
How is The Kombucha Bar supporting the Earth?
- We believe in honoring Nature in everything we do. She has given us a beautiful earth so we are therefore passionate about keeping it clean and beautiful in return. So here’s what we do:
- We source all organic ingredients.
- Once our kombucha lovers buy a growler we always refill to reduce waste.
- We are diligent by recycling everything we can.
- Only non-toxic and biodegradable cleaning products are used. Vinegar is our best friend!
- We compost our strained tea leaves so that Marie’s garden (and worms) stay happy!